About the Committee Members of the First Response Action Coalition
- Chair, Casey Frazee is an RPCV who served in South Africa in the Community HIV/AIDS Outreach Program. Prior to Peace Corps, Casey worked in agency public relations and non-profit development. Currently, she is the Girls Programs Coordinator for the YWCA of Greater Cincinnati where she works with youth on programs such as pregnancy and STD prevention, financial literacy, media literacy, managing stress and substance abuse prevention. Contact: email@example.com
- Community Relations Chair, Kate Finn is an RPCV who worked in the Children, Youth and Families project in Costa Rica. Before becoming a PCV, Kate volunteered and organized projects to support children of prisoners.· Kate is currently the Program Coordinator for the national model Victim Services Network at the Denver District Attorney’s Office.· The ?Victim Services Network is a collaborative network that connects and supports agencies and communities to provide innovative, seamless and integrated services to victims of crime in Denver, CO.· Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operations Chair, Meg Long is an RPCV who served in Kenya as a Public Health Volunteer. During her service, Meg wrote and provided a training on a Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault information manual. While completing her Master’s in Public Health, Meg worked as a Call Responder on a Crisis Assistance Listening Line. She currently works for the Ronald McDonald House Charities in Portland, OR as the Assistant House and Volunteer Manager. Contact: email@example.com
- Development Chair, AJ O’Connell is an RPCV who served in Guyana in the Education and Community Development Program. Prior to serving, A.J. graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in Planning, Public Policy and Management. Currently, A.J. works for the Eugene, OR Family YMCA in Youth Sports Development, and is a City Councilor in his hometown of Creswell, OR.
Former Committee Members of the First Response Action Coalition
- Karen Moldovan is an RPCV who served in Tonga. She came to the Peace Corps with strong experience in advocacy, education, international development, public policy, and community organizing. Her professional experience has often focused on working with underserved populations, including survivors of intimate partner violence, individuals experiencing homelessness, and pregnant and parenting youth. She is currently the Program Manager at the Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault.· Karen is also a member of the Colorado Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Advisory Board and the Prison Rape Elimination Act Advisory Board.
- Katie Campbell is an RPCV who served in Tonga where she was a Community Educator. She currently resides in D.C. where she is a Public Policy Associate at the World Food Program USA. She is pursuing her Master’s in Public Health at The George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs.
- Jessica Smochek is an RPCV who served in Bangladesh in the Teaching English as a Second Language program where she taught at an all-girls middle school. After the Peace Corps, Jessica obtained her Master’s in International Health and worked in the data management sector of drug development (oncology studies). She is currently in Washington, DC pursuing her Master’s in Counseling.